2012 BMW 1-Series 135i $20,900
|Actual rating will vary with options, driving conditions, habits and vehicle condition.|
Model StrengthsPerformance; responsive DCT gearbox; excellent steering and handling; affordability; convertible's well-designed soft-top
Model ChangesBMW's compact 1-Series Coupe and Convertible models carry into 2012 with minor changes. Most notably, the front end design has been rethought, with new fog light housings and the application of BMW's Air Curtain feature, which uses special front-end ducting to help improve front-end aerodynamics. Introduced first on the 1-Series M coupe, it's now standard on the 128i.
Model ValueThe 135i Coupe and Convertible might be among the more affordable BMW models, but they offer one of BMW's best gearboxes--the available 7-speed dual-clutch DCT. The 1-Series' unencumbered driving feel will certainly be appealing to those who enjoy a curvy road. Like much of BMW's lineup, the 1-Series is among the best-handling vehicles in its class. The 128i coupe's starting base price is a low (for a BMW) $29,450.
Model OverviewThe 1-Series is offered in two different two-door body styles: a coupe or soft-top-equipped convertible. Both of these body styles can be specified in 128i or 135i form. The 128i comes with a 230-horsepower, 3.0L in-line 6-cylinder engine, while the 135i models get a 300-hp, 3.0L turbocharged six.
Both of these rear-wheel drive models come with a standard 6-speed manual transmission that, in BMW tradition, provides great car control as well as a satisfying, tactile experience. A 7-speed dual-clutch (DCT) gearbox is available on the 135i that enables very quick automated shifts as well as improved acceleration. With the DCT, the 135i can now get to 60 mph in just 5.0 seconds and brings a fuel economy rating of 18 mpg city, 25 highway--the same as the standard manual transmission.
The turbocharged, direct-injected engine in the 135i features a single twin-scroll turbo that features excellent low-rev response and enables its peak torque rating of 300 lb-ft at as low as 1,200 rpm.
The 1-Series has a responsive but not overly firm ride, with a double-pivot spring and strut front suspension and rear control arms. A variable-ratio Active Steering system, which varies both the ratio and level of assist for quicker response, is optional on the 135i.
In Convertible models, the top can be raised and lowered even when moving slowly (up to 25 mph), and can go from up to fully down in just 22 seconds, and the arrangement doesn't inhibit trunk space as some retractable hard-top systems do. In either model, there's also an opening with expandable bag that allows long items like a snowboard or golf bag to fit through. The silhouette of the 1-Series convertible is much like that of the coupe when it's up. A slightly different trunklid design in convertibles helps accent the design and improve visibility. Convertible models also include a special climate-control mode that reacts to the level of sunlight, and optional Boston leather has a sun-reflective treatment that helps reduce temperatures on hot days. An available wind deflector helps bring a quieter, less turbulent interior at highway speeds. Whether in the coupe or convertible, there's plenty of space to sprawl in the front seats, though the back seat is quite tight.
The BMW's Dynamic Stability Control is designed to allow a little more dynamic flexibility when driving the 1-Series quickly; the higher threshold helps not only in track driving but also in snow. A special rear-brake management mode helps simulate a rear differential and get a stronger grip either out of a fast corner or in slippery conditions.
A much more aggressive look can be achieved with the M Sport Package. It brings aero upgrades, flashier wheels, sport seats, special M-branded trim pieces, and an exclusive LeMans Blue Metallic paint color, plus functional improvements that include a higher top speed, better brake cooling, a sports suspension and performance tires. With the 135i, brakes are upgraded to a strong 6-piston setup in front.
Entertainment options include a harman/kardon surround-sound system, HD radio, Sirius Satellite Radio, USB/iPod controls, while a Bluetooth hands-free interface is available. Meanwhile, a heated steering wheel is available on both models as part of a Cold Weather Package, and heated seats are available. A hard-drive-based navigation system with real-time traffic info is also available.
Adaptive xenon headlamps, which help improve vision in dark corners, are standard on the 135i and optional on the 128i. Also, LED Adaptive Brake Lights grow brighter depending on the brake force. That's in addition to plenty of standard safety equipment, including stability control, side airbags, and brake-drying and brake stand-by functions.
Optional FeaturesPlease contact dealer for equipment and details.
- Air Conditioning
- Alloy Wheels
- AM/FM Stereo CD
- Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS)
- Cruise Control
- Dual Airbags
- Dual Power Seats
- Integrated Phone
- Leather Seats
- Moon Roof
- Navigation System
- Parking Sensors
- Pop Up Sunroof
- Power Driver's Seat
- Power Locks
- Power Moonroof
- Power Steering
- Power Sunroof
- Power Windows
- Premium Sound System
- Side Impact Airbags
- Third Entry Door
- Tilt Steering Wheel
The O'Brien Mitsubishi Pre-Owned Promise
Used cars inspected ... reconditioned ... certified and given our seal of approval
- Great Price: Every used car we sell comes with our great price! We determine the price by reviewing online resources, such as KBB, surveying the used vehicle market and then we beat those prices.
- Quality Vehicles: The majority of our pre-owned cars, trucks, vans and SUVs are fresh, local, trades from right here in Mcclane County -- no repos or auction clunkers, these are top quality vehicles.
- Quality Inspection: Buy with confidence with our "No Exception Inspection." Every used car we sell goes through a comprehensive 72-point inspection with a certified ASE technician.
- Extended Protection: Pre-Owned Vehicles are eligible for extended warranties of up to seven years or 100,000 miles
- Anti-theft AM/FM stereo CD/MP3 player audio system w/Radio Data System (RDS)
- Auxiliary audio input for portable music players located in the center armrest
- HD Radio with "multicast" FM station reception
- iPod & USB adapter
- Anthracite wood trim
- 8-way pwr front bucket seats
• pwr lumbar support, driver memory, 2-way adjustable headrests, manual height adjustment for front passenger seat
- Leatherette upholstery
- Split fold-down rear seats
- Front-seat center armrest
- Front-seat cupholders
- 3-spoke leather-wrapped multi-function sport steering wheel w/audio & hands-free phone controls (if so equipped)
- Tilt/telescopic steering-wheel column
- Power front windows with "one-touch" up/down operation
- Check control vehicle monitor system w/pictogram display, oil status display, condition Based Service indicator
- On-board computer w/check control provides feedback on the vehicle's operating status: oil level indicator and distance to next service appointment/oil change, as well as other detailed information, such as spark plug and micro-filter status. It also prov
- Service interval indicator with miles-to-service readout
- Coded driveaway protection
- Cruise control
- Central locking system
• center console switch (leaves gas filler door unlocked), double-lock feature, 2-step unlocking
- Automatic climate control
• micro-filter, automatic air recirculation, left/right temperature control, MAX A/C, heat at rest, recall of individual user settings
- Front-door storage compartments
- Black chrome-plated exhaust tips
- V spoke (Style 372) light alloy wheels, 18 x 7.5 front, 18 x 8.5 rear
• P215/40R18 front & P245/35R18 rear run-flat performance tires
- Chrome-line trim
- 2-way power glass moonroof w/one-touch operation, sliding interior sunshade
- Rear spoiler
- Xenon adaptive headlights
• auto-leveling, cornering lights
- High-intensity retractable headlight washers
- Adaptive brake lights
- Heated dual power mirrors and heated windshield washer jets w/mirror memory
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers and automatic headlight control
- 6-speed manual transmission
- 3.0-liter dual overhead cam (DOHC), 24-valve inline turbocharged 300-hp 6-cylinder engine w/TwinPower turbo technology, piezo fuel injection, Double-VANOS steplessly variable valve timing
- Engine start/stop button
- Electronic throttle control
- Rear-wheel drive
- Aluminum double-pivot spring and strut-type front suspension
- Extensive aluminum componentry, including front suspension components (forged-aluminum lower arms); subframe; steering rack; and brake components
- Five-link fully independent rear suspension in lightweight steel
- Front and rear anti-roll (stabilizer) bars
- Twin-tube gas-pressure shock absorbers
- Sport suspension
- Pwr steering
- 4-wheel ventilated anti-lock disc brakes with dynamic brake control (DBC)
- Dynamic stability control (DSC)
• brake fade compensation, start-off assistant, brake drying, brake stand-by features, dynamic traction control (DTC)
- Programmable daytime running lights
- Interlocking door anchoring system to help protect against door intrusion in side impacts
- Driver's and passenger's front airbag supplemental restraint system (SRS)
• advanced technology, dual-threshold, dual-stage deployment, front-passenger seat sensors designed to prevent unnecessary airbag deployment
- Front and rear head protection system (HPS)
- Front-seat-mounted front side-impact airbags
- Front passenger seat-occupation recognition with passenger's airbag off indicator
- BMW's Advanced Safety System for integrated deployment of passive and active safety systems
- Crash sensor activates Battery Safety Terminal disconnect of alternator, fuel pump & starter from battery, unlocks doors, turns on hazard lights & interior lights
- Automatic safety-belt pretensioners at front seating positions
- Automatic-locking retractors (ALR) on all passenger-seat safety belts for installation of child-restraint seat
- LATCH attachments for child-restraint safety installation in rear seats
- Tire pressure monitor
All advertised prices exclude government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer document preparation charge, and any emission testing charge. All vehicles are subject to prior sale. We strive for accuracy, but this pricing information may be different from actual dealer price. Price includes VIP and Loyalty rebates in lieu of special financing. Please check with dealer for actual pricing and availability. Not responsible for typographical errors or other errors. We strive for accuracy, but the equipment and options shown may be different than what is actually on the vehicle. We are not responsible for missing equipment and options, incorrect prices or other errors.
Payments calculated at $3000 down, 72 month term at 3.9% APR. With approved Credit. Subject to qualification. Not all buyers will qualify. See dealer for details
Graphics are representational only. All photos may not depict actual vehicles and may be a stock photo provided by manufacturer or other third party.
Rebates, Special Offers and Financing
Credit approval based on lender criteria, not all customers will qualify. The payment calculator is only to give you a comparison. The calculated payment may not be your actual payment. All terms and rates are subject to lender credit approval. Some rates and rebates are subject to Special offers are time sensitive and may be limited to specified vehicles and not all customer will qualify. All manufacturer rebates applied in lieu of special financing. Price includes VIP and Loyalty rebates in lieu of special financing. Not all customers will qualify. Check with dealer for verification.