2009 Lincoln MKS $24,353
|Actual rating will vary with options, driving conditions, habits and vehicle condition.|
Model StrengthsRoomy interior; vast array of high-tech features; luxury interior appointments; uniquely American styling.
Model ChangesThe Lincoln MKS is an entirely new large luxury sedan for 2009, filling the void in Lincoln's lineup created by the LS's discontinuation following the 2006 model year. The Lincoln MKS has more of an emphasis on style and design than the LS, including new and more distinctive interior materials. It also makes available several new high-technology features and options.
Model ValueThe new 2009 Lincoln MKS promises more comfort and amenities than the LS models that it replaces, and offers several features, such as the keypad entry system, the Sync hands-free interface, and the Sirius Travel Link, that aren't otherwise offered in its price range. It also has a surprisingly roomy interior for its outward dimensions, along with some very distinctive and uniquely American-styled interior appointments.
Model OverviewLincoln's MKS is initially available in a single, very well equipped model for 2009, powered by a 3.7L V6 engine making 270 horsepower and 265 lb-ft of torque. The engine has a die-cast aluminum block and four-valve cylinder heads to help improve fuel-efficiency and response. The six-speed automatic transmission comes with a SelectShift mode that allows manual gear selection.
Front-wheel drive is standard on the Lincoln MKS, but an all-wheel drive system is optional for those who want greater all-weather capability. The system uses a system of electronically controlled clutches to allocate up to 100 percent of engine torque to either the front or rear wheels, and it works in conjunction with the standard AdvanceTrac stability control system to also modulate torque side-to-side.
The Lincoln MKS's suspension is tuned for a combination of traditional luxury-car softness with a measure of precise steering response. It uses MacPherson struts and control arms in front, along with a new fully independent design in back, employing vertically mounted shocks set close to the wheels for more handling precision. As such, the Lincoln MKS can maintain its ride comfort even with the big, optional 20-inch wheels. There's otherwise a wide range of wheels available on the Lincoln MKS, including available painted, polished, or machined 19-inch alloy wheels or standard 18-inch machined cast-aluminum ones.
All the requisite safety equipment for a luxury sedan is standard on the Lincoln MKS, including front side air bags and side-curtain bags with roll-fold technology.
Interior appointments have received a big upgrade in the Lincoln MKS relative to previous Lincoln models. Bridge of Weir Leather supplies upholstery for the Lincoln MKS; the leather uses vegetable dyes and is among the softest ever used by Lincoln, according to the automaker. Ebony and Olive Ash wood trims are used, along with real aluminum and chrome accents.
The new Lincoln MKS especially stands out, though, for the availability of a wide range of high-tech options not widely available, even among large luxury sedan in its price range. One of those is a next-generation keypad entry system, which uses heat-sensing technology to engage LED backlighting of the numerical pad, which is located in the car's B-pillar. Another unique feature is the Easy Fuel capless fuel-filler system, which automatically seals itself shut after filling, to help reduce emissions. Adaptive cruise control, swiveling adaptive headlamps with automatic high beams, rain-sensing wipers, a forward sensing system, and a rearview camera system are also all available.
Also featured is Sync, a new voice-activated hands-free interface for cell phones and media players. A new THX-certified, surround sound audio system with voice-activated navigation system features the new Sirius Travel Link, which brings real-time traffic updates, movie listings, weather-radar forecasts, and gas-station prices to the usual navigation-system functions.
Optional FeaturesPlease contact dealer for equipment and details.
The O'Brien Mitsubishi Pre-Owned Promise
Used cars inspected ... reconditioned ... certified and given our seal of approval
- Great Price: Every used car we sell comes with our great price! We determine the price by reviewing online resources, such as KBB, surveying the used vehicle market and then we beat those prices.
- Quality Vehicles: The majority of our pre-owned cars, trucks, vans and SUVs are fresh, local, trades from right here in Mcclane County -- no repos or auction clunkers, these are top quality vehicles.
- Quality Inspection: Buy with confidence with our "No Exception Inspection." Every used car we sell goes through a comprehensive 72-point inspection with a certified ASE technician.
- Extended Protection: Pre-Owned Vehicles are eligible for extended warranties of up to seven years or 100,000 miles
- AM/FM/MP3 stereo w/6-disc CD player
• (6) speakers, clock, Sirius satellite radio w/6 month subscription *Satellite radio N/A in AK/HI*
- SYNC voice activated communications & entertainment system
• Bluetooth capability, steering wheel controls, USB port, audio input jack, 911 assist, vehicle health report
- Antenna integrated in glass
- Leather seating surfaces w/color-keyed alcantara tuxedo stripe seat backs
- 12-way pwr heated/cooled front bucket seats
• pwr lumbar, driver-side memory
- Fixed heated rear bench seat
• headrest, armrest pass-through, (2) cupholders
- Center console
• armrest, storage, (2) cupholders, (3) 12V pwr outlets
- Front/rear floor mats
- Pwr tilt/telescopic wood steering wheel
• memory, illuminated speed & multimedia controls
- Instrument cluster
• message center, tachometer, turn signal outage, low oil, door/decklid/hood ajar
- Delayed accessory pwr shut-off
- Pwr windows w/front one-touch up/down
- Pwr locks w/autolock
- Remote keyless entry
• Securicode keypad, trunk release, global window open
- Cruise control
- Universal garage door opener
- Remote decklid release
- SecuriLock passive anti-theft system (PATS)
- Perimeter alarm
- Dual zone Electronic Automatic Temp Control (EATC)
- Rear window defroster
- Alloy metallic accents
- Wood interior appliques
- Instrument panel storage bin
- Glove box
- Front door storage pockets & bottle holders
- Electrochromic rearview mirror w/compass & microphone
- Overhead console w/sunglass storage
- Dual visors w/illuminated mirrors
- (2) front & (2) rear assist handles
• illuminated door & steering wheel switches, front dome lamp, front/rear reading lamps, illuminated entry
- Leather wrapped shift knob
- Front seat back map pockets
- Safety Canopy w/rollover protection
- 18" x 7.5" 10-spoke bright machined painted aluminum wheels
- Mini spare tire w/aluminum wheel
- Body color bumpers
• color rocker, lower door w/stainless steel inserts, stainless steel roof trim, stainless steel side window surround
- Split wing grille
- HID projector beam headlamps w/Autolamp on/off delay
- Fog lamps w/chrome bezel
- LED tail lamps
- Laminated security solar tinted glass
- Body color pwr heated mirrors
• manual folding, security approach lamps, memory, driver-side electrochromic
- Fixed interval windshield wipers
- Body color door handles
- 3.7L SMPE 24-valve V6 Duratec engine
- 6-speed automatic transmission w/Select-Shift
- Intake variable cam timing (iVCT) & electronic throttle control
- Engine cover
- 3.39 axle ratio
- All wheel drive
- 72-amp low maintenance battery w/battery saver
- 190-amp alternator
- Independent MacPherson strut front suspension
- Independent multi-link rear suspension
- Front/rear stabilizer bars
- Pwr rack & pinion steering
- Pwr 4-wheel ventilated disc brakes
- Easy Fuel capless fuel filler system
- Chrome exhaust tips
- 4-wheel anti-lock brake system (ABS) w/brake assist (BA)
- Traction control
- AdvanceTrac electronic stability control
- Driver & front passenger dual stage airbags
• driver seat position sensor, passenger seat sensing system (FPSS)
- Driver & front passenger-side impact air bags
- 1st/2nd row side impact air curtains
- Reverse sensing system
- S.O.S. post crash alert
- Seat belt pretensioners w/load-limiting retractors
- Lower anchors & tethers for children (LATCH) system for child safety seats
- Rear door child safety locks
- Tire pressure monitor system
- Emergency trunk release
All advertised prices exclude government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer document preparation charge, and any emission testing charge. All vehicles are subject to prior sale. We strive for accuracy, but this pricing information may be different from actual dealer price. Price includes VIP and Loyalty rebates in lieu of special financing. Please check with dealer for actual pricing and availability. Not responsible for typographical errors or other errors. We strive for accuracy, but the equipment and options shown may be different than what is actually on the vehicle. We are not responsible for missing equipment and options, incorrect prices or other errors.
Payments calculated at $3000 down, 72 month term at 3.9% APR. With approved Credit. Subject to qualification. Not all buyers will qualify. See dealer for details
Graphics are representational only. All photos may not depict actual vehicles and may be a stock photo provided by manufacturer or other third party.
Rebates, Special Offers and Financing
Credit approval based on lender criteria, not all customers will qualify. The payment calculator is only to give you a comparison. The calculated payment may not be your actual payment. All terms and rates are subject to lender credit approval. Some rates and rebates are subject to Special offers are time sensitive and may be limited to specified vehicles and not all customer will qualify. All manufacturer rebates applied in lieu of special financing. Price includes VIP and Loyalty rebates in lieu of special financing. Not all customers will qualify. Check with dealer for verification.